This spicy surimis salad is deliciously Caribbean – it's fresh, sweet and spicy at the same time! You can eat the salad with a plate of rice or on a sandwich. Success guaranteed! You can adjust the amount of pepper yourself. When, for example, children eat it, or people who are not very good at 'pika' can.
This recipe is for 4 people
Surimi is also called 'imitation crab'. This is because it has a sweet taste that is most reminiscent of crab meat. Yet there is no crab in it; Surimi is made from white fish.
The ground fish is mixed with starch and then sweetened. That mixture is pressed into a rectangular shape. Ideal for use in salads and other dishes!
- 250 gr surimi sticks
- 1 / 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 / 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 / 2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 Madame Jeanette pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
PREPARATION SPICY SURIMISALADE:
- Cut the surimi sticks into thin strips.
- Now mix the pieces of surimi with the garlic powder, the pepper, the paprika and the salt.
- Then finely chop the Madame Jeanette pepper and mix it with the salad.
- Finally add the vinegar and mayonnaise and stir well.
- Leave the salad in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Pin this recipe
Do you love salad? Then try this (vegetarian) salad with pineapple and cucumber!
Do you want to stay informed about our new recipes? Don't forget to follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST of INSTAGRAM. Have you made one of our recipes? Send a photo via Facebook or tag your creation on Instagram with #antilliaanseten - we like it!
For the latest videos, you can now subscribe to us for free Youtube Channel.
Do you have our new website SOULFOOD.NL seen already? There you will find many more delicious recipes that not all come from the Antillean kitchen!
For the latest videos you can subscribe to us for free Youtube Channel.