They taste like one mankaronbut they are much easier to make. And the best? Even people who have decided not to eat gluten may enjoy these besitos de coco. They are made from corn flour, which is naturally gluten-free *.
Make them as big or small as you want… these besitos de coco always work.
This recipe is for about 35 besitos, the size of a golf ball.
- 400gr. grated coconut (dry)
- 150gr. harina PAN white corn flour *
- 100gr. sugar
- 1 can of condensed milk (398ml.)
- 2 eggs
- a cap of vanilla essence or a bag of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
Mix the coconut, the white corn flour, the sugar and the salt.
In another bowl, mix the (beaten) eggs with the condensed milk.
Now combine both mixtures and knead into a sticky dough.
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
With wet hands, form half balls of the dough and place them on the baking tray.
Bake the besitos at 20 degrees Celsius for about 160 minutes.
* Note: We always use harina PAN brand maize flour as it is the only flour that has been pre-cooked. In contrast to, for example, Italian brands of corn meal, you can form a dough with this. When using raw corn flour, the recipe certainly does not work! Read more about the origin of this corn meal here. You can find the white corn flour in the yellow packs of harina PAN.
* Corn flour is naturally gluten-free. This flour is produced in a factory that also processes wheat products.
Do you have our new website SOULFOOD.NL seen already? There you will find many more delicious recipes that not all come from the Antillean kitchen!
For the latest videos you can subscribe to us for free Youtube Channel.